PITT PACC's aim is to enhance research activities for particle physics, astrophysics, and cosmology; strengthen interactions and collaborations among theorists and experimentalists in those fields; and promote local research to the general community.
Some general activities of PITT PACC include:
- Organizing a series of joint seminars on topics of common interest.
- Organizing topical, fast-responding workshops on hot physics topics and other conferences.
- Hosting an annual PITT PACC Distinguished Lectureship.
- Hosting short term and long term visitors.
- Providing support for a senior postdoctoral position, to be called the Samuel P. Langley PITT PACC Fellow.
- Allocating A&S graduate student fellowship support, when available.
- Supporting junior members to make presentations at professional meetings.